Sunday 28 November 2010

A Special Day


I have been so behind with everything recently that I decided yesterday to get ahead of myself for once! So I sat down and made card for my oldest friend, who will turn 50 on December 8th. I think I'm quite safe publishing it on here though, as she isn't a cardmaker or blogger (I sure hope that's the case right now!!)

I had been thinking vaguely about this card for a while and had already decided that I would just have to use this darling LotV image "Thomas with Champagne", but when I received my new LotV calendar stamps last week it struck me that one of them is also perfect for milestone birthdays such as this. Here's the result of my efforts ....

Recipe:
Main image: LotV "Thomas with champagne" coloured with Promarkers and Copics;
Sentiments: LotV "calendar stamps" and Penny Black transparent set "Salutations", both heat embossed with detail gold powder;
Papers: make unknown;
Supplies: large rose from Hobbycraft; cherry blossoms, small roses and lace from Wild Orchid Crafts; pearls from The Hobby House;
Tools: large cicrcle and lacy circle nestabilities; numbers cut using Cuttlebug "Hippie Chick" alphabet; Cuttlebug "Floral Fantasy" embossing folder.


I used Bev's excellent sketch from this week's Lili of the Valley Challenge #75


and would also like to enter this one for

Charisma #47 - One for the Girls
Cute Card Thursday #140 - Blast from the Past
(I have chosen Challenge #112 - Someone Special)
Passion for Promarkers #79 - Old & New
(I have had Thomas + my embossing folder for a while, but my calendar stamp is brand new)
I ♥ ProMarkers #42 - Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky #50 - Going with the Flow
Craft Your Days away #9 - Texture
Alphabet Challenge - E is for Embossing

Have a good Sunday and keep warm!

24 comments:

Clare Lloyd said...

Gorgeous super cute card. Thanks for joining us @CYDA this week. Good Luck. (GD)x

Sarah said...

Awww Pauline, this is a really beautiful card, I love your colouring of the image. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for my Texture challenge, good luck xxx

Little K Smith said...

Beautiful card Pauline, adore this image, gorgeous colours and papers, beautiful flowers too!
Kelly.x

ribenaruby said...

Wow, Pauline, this is simply stunning! Love the font of the numbers and I'm sure this will be very well received! Enjoy your fab Sunday. Ruby x

Anonymous said...

Fabulous and very special card Pauline! Your friend will love this I'm sure. xx

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card Pauline. Thanks for joining our special PfP challenge and blog hop. good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Pauline, what a gorgeous card. The image is adorable and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our special challenge and blog hop over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

coops said...

stunning card pauline.an adorable image and i love your papers and colours and beautiful details.
thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck :D

xx coops xx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Paulinem
This is gorgeous. Such a cute image & the papers & colours look fabulous. Thanks for joining us at PFP for our special challenge.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Pauline,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Julie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the papers and your layout and your colouring is spot on!! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Juliexx

yvon said...

Beautiful card, i am sure your friend will love this one.
Hugs, Yvon

Lorraine said...

That's a super pretty card. Lovely colours. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

CraftyC said...

This is just so sweet, your friend will love it.Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge!
Clairexx

debby4000 said...

Adorable, cute card Pauline, its gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Karen said...

Lovely Pauline, such a sweet image too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

shaz earl said...

Gorgeous card Pauline thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge.

Anonymous said...

Really pretty card Pauline, thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

katesacraftybugger said...

very very pretty- thanks for joining us at I ♥ promarkers this week

Tasha said...

Ah you have used my favourite papers they are Paper Girl from The Girls Paperie. I LOVE them. I LOVE this card. The image is s cute and the flowers are beautiful
love tasha xx

Emma said...

Such a beautiful card, gorgeous colours and embellies.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Pauline. Love the design and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Debs said...

just adorable..im sure your friend will love it :0)...thanks for sharing it with us at PFP..Debs x

Liz said...

beutiful Project Thanks for playing with CYDA

Liz xx