Tuesday 9 November 2010

Papertake Weekly - and 2 for the price of 1!


Happy Tuesday everyone, and welcome to another Papertake Weekly Challenge - my last as a Guest Designer. The past four weeks have fairly flown by, and I've had a brilliant time having a go at the fab challenges this blog has to offer and visiting some of your fabulous creations.

For my last challenge on the team we have this fab sketch by Dawny for you to follow.



I really enjoyed working with this, and I'm sure you will too. Don't forget to visit the main challenge blog to check out the other DT members' gorgeous samples, details of this week's prize, and to see if you are last week's lucky winner.

Here's my card for this week. Sadly I've been suffering from a bout of "winter-itis" in the photography department, as there was no real daylight to speak of yesterday ... but I did my best!


Recipe:
Main image: LotV "James Bear - Wrapped in Tinsel", coloured with Copics and Promarkers, and decorated with green Stickles glitter;
Sentiment: Elzybells;
Papers: Bo Bunny;
Supplies: large pearl brad and spacer from The Hobby House; lace from my stash;
Tools: Cuttlebug "Ice Crystal" die cut.


Challenges:
Pile It On #44 - Furry Holiday Cards (animal images)
Paper Sundaes #43 - Let It Snow!
Crafty Ann's #27 - Christmas in non-traditional colours
Top Tip Tuesday #9 - Use an Image / Sentiment

Now my post title refers to 2 for the price of 1 - that's because whilst I had the teddy stamp, pens and paper out, I made a second card which is very similar to the one above but a different layout.


The details are very similar to the one above, except that I used gold Stickles on teddy's tinsel, and also used some yummy Wild Orchid Craft lace, and pearls from the Hobby House.

I would like to enter the second one for the following challenges:

Fussy & Fancy #23 - Sketch
Spoon Full of Sugar #129 - Snow/Snowflakes
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #92 - Glitter

That's all for now - hope you can join in with the PTW challenge this week, and can't wait to see what you create.

20 comments:

Dawnll said...

Both of these are just adorable! Love my teddy bears-such a comfort item.
Thank you so much for joining us this week at Top Tip Tuesday

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Pauline,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Chelsea said...

Great cards. I love the glitter you used on them. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy. Stop back and play again soon!

Squirrel x said...

Wow hun, absolutely gorgeous! Super colour combo and your tinsel effect is amazing. Brilliant. Hugs, Sxx

Anonymous said...

Another stunning card Pauline - I can't believe how quickly the four weeks have passed! xx

Fiona said...

wow 2 stunning cards...these are one of my favouyrite papers this winter...great sketches to follow too. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh lovely card Pauline I really love the colours and this Bear is sooo cute! these cute bears are the ones guilty of turning me! in to someone who loves these ones and the WOJ bear too! hugs Samantha :0)

Trina said...

These are both beautiful!

Sharon said...

Absolutely love both cards Pauline. Stunning work. hugs Sharon

Claire said...

Gorgeous colours, really lovely! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Sandy Ang said...

Wow- fab card !
Love to see you at my Christmas Card Challenge
http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/lcom-christmas-card-crop-hop.html

Ann Whitfield said...

Both cards are fabulous Pauline - thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's and helping us to celebrate our first birthday.
Ann x

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable cards Pauline.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Pauline :-) I love this image and the colours and sparkle are fab ,, the tinsel looks real !! :-)

It has been lovely having you with us ,,, hope yo work with you again sometime :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Janet said...

Fabulous card, lovely colours. I especially like the tinsel wrap around teddy and your use of the beautiful lace. Thank you for sharing with Crafty Ann's and wish you well in the draw.

Janet xx

Gloria Stengel said...

Look at him with all his sprakly bits! Cute cute cute! Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes this week!

Leanne said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card - the image and colour are stunning!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday - good luck!

Leanne xx

Kaz said...

Two beauties! I do like a green/purple combo. Lovely detailing as always.
Kaz xx

Tasha said...

So gorgoeus! I love the image you have used and the fab colour combo! Fab glittered boa too
love tasha xx

Anna said...

Love the cards! So sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at Pile It On.