Saturday 5 June 2010

Penny Black Challenge #104

This week has fairly flown by, and it's time once again for another Penny Black Saturday Challenge. Thanks as always to everyone who joined in last week - I really enjoyed looking at all your fabulous "in the garden" creations.

We are doubly fortunate this week, as we have got not one but TWO fabby prizes for randomly drawn lucky winners...

Firstly our regular sponsor Clair at Valentine's is donating this brilliant prize of a selection of PB stamped images ....


... and secondly we are really thrilled and excited to introduce our new regular sponsor Julia from

who is donating a prize of

a Penny Black stamp of the winner's choice

Woo hoo!

I'm sure many of you will be familiar with Julia as she has not only the online store and a shop in Rye, but also she has a stand at many of the craft fairs, which is always totally awash with Penny Black stamps .. not to mention the fammous "bargain bucket" - heaven!!

So what do you have to do to get your hands on one of these prizes, I hear you ask?? Well just create a project for this week's theme which is

Swirls

... and interpret it however you choose so long as you use a Penny Black image, large sentiment or sticker as the main focus of your project.

The other DT members have all gone swirly whirly so I hope you'll check them out ... here's mine.

This was primarily inspired by the fact that I was lucky enough a couple of weeks ago to win a blog hop prize on the Allsorts challenge, which was a PB transparent stamp set - "Flowers and Wishes". They are really pretty and a little different from what I generally use, so I couldn't wait to give them a go. I also took the opportunity to try out something I'm sure I've seen elsewhere, which is to stamp some swirly scrolly edges using another PB stamp I've had hidden in my stash forever, called "Scrolling along".

Of course I had to bring a swirly paper out to play for this challenge theme ... I'm just loving the Papermania papers this season, and "Henbury Lane" is no exception. And just in case anyone had failed to spot the swirls on my card I also went for a bit of dry embossing and finally a jewel template swirl - just couldn't help myself lol! Having done all that I decided not to complicate things any further by adding any paper flowers (even though I have just taken my first small delivery from Wild Orchid Crafts ... so watch this space!)

Recipe:
Main image: Penny Black "Flowers and Wishes" transparent set, coloured with Promarkers; edges stamped using Penny black "Scrolling along" stamped in brilliance pearlescent orchid ink;
Sentiment: Penny black "Salutations" transparent set;
Papers: Papermania "Henbury Lane";
Supplies: pearls from the Hobby House; silver beads from my stash;
Tools: large classic ovals and large classic scalloped ovals nestabilities; Bazzill jewel template "fantasy flourishes"; Cuttlebug embossing folder "birds and swirls".


As always I would like to enter this card for one or two other challenges, namely

Charisma #22 - Flowers
Ooh La La #55 - colours of the challenge blog
(lilac, pink, green and a little lemon .. well I managed 3 of the 4!!)
Our Creative Corner - Summer Inspiration
Daring Cardmakers - String of Pearls

Have a great weekend whatever you're doing!

12 comments:

ribenaruby said...

This is fab! Love all the swirly details, dry embossing really shows up, have a great sunny weekend Pauline.

Lynda said...

Beautiful card Pauline. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Uma said...

very pretty, loving the swirls

NGCARDS said...

Beautiful card as always hun :) xxx

Kathy said...

Loving your pearly swirl!
Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week

Little K Smith said...

Gorgeous card, such pretty colours and love all those pearls too.
Kelly.x

Joey said...

Hiya Pauline

this is soooooo pretty hun, gorgeous swirls and loving that image

Joey.xxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Pauline.

Hugs Riet.xx

Wendi said...

Wow this is one of the prettiest cards I have seen I love all those pearly swirls
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Kaz said...

Oh this is so pretty! Funny 'cos I also have that scrolly stamp hiding in my stash too (don't think it's even seen ink yet!)
May just have pinch your idea.
Kaz xx

Helen said...

Such a pretty card Pauline - lovely colours!
Helen x

Julie Leblanc said...

Great take on the challenge at OCC... thanks for joining us:-)