Wednesday 2 December 2009

Blimey! ... and a funky Rudolph

Blimey - I didn't make a card for a whole ten days until last night .... where has the last week and a half gone to lol?? I'm surprised I didn't have to go to the Priory for counselling to recover from my withdrawal symptoms!

Anyhow, I managed a little sesh last night and made two cards from scratch plus completed another two which had been hanging around the house for a while. Here's the first one, which I have nicknamed "Funky Rudolph" !


I followed the fab sketch for this week's Friday Sketchers #80 - suitably encouraged by the Magnolia-licious prize they have on offer this week :-)

I also chose my Christmas theme and contemporary colours for the following challenges:

Crafty Cardmakers #9 - Alternative Christmas
A Spoon Full of Sugar #80 - Non-traditional Christmas colours
Charisma Cardz #47 - Anything Christmas
Creative Card Crew #39 - Christmas
Stamp With Fun #35 - Christmas
Stamp with Stampavie #72 - Christmas

Recipe:
Main image: Penny Black "slapstick" stamp "Fancy Antler", coloured with watercolour pencils;
Sentiment: Penny Black "a wish...." (3502F), stamped with Versacolour chalk ink;
Paper: BasicGrey "Eskimo Kisses";
Supplies: pearls gems, and pink/brown dotty ribbon (just seen) from my stash;
Tools: Martha Stewart "embossed snowflakes" edge punch; Cuttlebug "snowlakes #2" die.

Off to have a cup of tea now and catch up with some telly - hope to be back tomorrow with another card :-)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card Pauline I love it!
I enjoyed this layout too!
and once again thank you for my candy! its Brilliant and I got it today! :0) thank you!!!!!!!
:0)

Karen said...

Beautiful card and I especially love the sentiment. Thanks for joiming us this week at ASFOS.
Karen x

Helen said...

Gorgoeus card Pauline!
I love those BG papers...and the reindeer is fab!
Helen x

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

This is so beautiful!

Nilla said...

Gorgeous card, love the image! Thanks for joining the Christmas challenge at SWF! Hugs Nilla

Squirrel x said...

It must be catching hun, I've only made one in the last 10 days. Don't seem to have time to f**t at the moment, let alone craft. Absolutely adore your Rudolph, such a great image, and works so well with the PB sentiment. Brilliant job babe. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Anne H. said...

WOW -your card is stunning!
An adorable image, beautiful colors and so many lovely details. I love the colored snowflakes.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne :-)

Unknown said...

what a stunning card, love the colours, thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers xx

Vixykins said...

Thats a very funky rudolph indeed Pauline, fab!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and hope you enjoyed the challenge. We have a new challenge on 14th Dec so come and stop by again x

Julie Riley said...

Fab card, well done, love the colours too. Thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers. x