Monday 20 July 2009

DC Combo Six-Pack


Today DC is for Docrafts, as this is my Docrafts July friendship card for Wakey Susan; and DC is also for "Daisy Chain", which is the name of this darling Penny Black stamp which I have had in my collection for some time (having paid WAY OVER the odds on ebay as it was supposedly retired ... and now it's not!!) ... but I have never inked it up until now.

I always knew that I wanted to team the stamp of the cute miceys making a daisy chain with this sentiment stamp - a friendship card is just the perfect opportunity.

So to square the circle I also looked out for some challenges to incorporate - no way could I use a sketch for this as the stamp is so big; but I managed to tie my card in to the following six:

Secret Crafter #41 - spots and stripes - which inspired me to use these yummy MME papers;

Our Creative Corner - triple play - which invites us to use at least 3 types of embellishments. Well for me that's not too hard to do lol! - and I have used flowers, brads, spacers, charm and crocheted ribbon ... so I guess that should just about cover it!

Dutch Dare #56 - using dies and/or or punches: again I have covered all bases with die-cute nestie shapes for my matting, punched leaves and my MS doily lace edge punch.

The Pink Elephant #24 and Lili of the Valley #32 - Animals

Paper Blooms - Animal Fun - well I think these li'l animals are having a lot of fun lol!

Here's a peek at the inside ....


Recipe:
Main image: Penny Black "Daisy Chain" (1690K) coloured with watercolour pencils, matted onto "Gemstones" cardstock cut using mega scalloped rectangle nesties;
Sentiments: Penny Black "Everything's ..." (2733K) (front); Penny Black "...second self" (3386D) (inside);
Papers: My Mind's Eye;
Supplies: crocheted ribbon and "friends" charm from Quixotic Paperie; spacers from The Hobby House; Papermania pearl brads; dragonfly brads and Prima flowers from my stash; green leaves punched using Leone Em "Ash Family" punch; edging punched wtih MS "doily lace" punch.

24 comments:

tracie said...

Hi ya hun, hope our having a good week.. oh wow your card is adorable and love love these cute little mice.. and all the gorgeous embellishments ~ fabulous.
hugs
Tracie :)x

Wendy said...

Very very pretty. Thank you for taking part in the SCSC challenge. Hugs, Wendy x

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Pauline - how adorable is this!?! I just love those meeces! Your cards are always a smorgesborg for the eyes - a pleasure to look at - so much to see!! Thank you for your inspiration...you are an aritist my friend!! God bless you!

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Pauline! Love the papers & that sweet image!
Wakey Susan will love it!
Helen x

Lilacanglia said...

Beautiful card,
lovely image, and colours,
Hugs
Angie

Leah said...

Such a wonderful card! I love that image and the way you finished the inside is just so perfect. Lovely:) Thanks for joining us over at Paper Blooms!

Shauna K said...

looove the scallops! and that stamp is so cute :D

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Pauline,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Karin said...

Wonderfull card.
Love the pretty coloured papers, beautifull flowers and adorable flowers.
Thanks for taking part in the DDCC this week.

xoxo karin

PinksyDoodles said...

This card is adorable. I love this stamp - so cute.
Clare x

Tracey said...

Stunning card, love the flowers & foliage, the papers & gorgeous & the image is sooo cute :-)

x

cats whiskers said...

What a beautiful card this is Pauline just love the PB image and your colouring is great
Hugs Jacqui x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Pauline, i am loving this card, such a lovely penny black image and those papers are gorgeous, a delicate sensational card, hugs Linda x

debby4000 said...

Oh they are gorgeous and what a wonderful card you've made with them and I love that sentiment.
luv
Debby

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

stunning - so cute!

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Carol said...

Just beautiful Pauline, inside & out!
thanks for joining us at TPE and congrats on all the challenges :)

Hugs
Carol x

Nicki said...

Wow, way to go with all those challenges, well done! Love the cute little meeces, they're adorable. Nicki, xx

Cathy said...

Fabulous card Pauline and such a cute image.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC and DDCC this week.
hugs
Cathy xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful card inside & out! Love all the details. Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

Annie said...

Whatever you paid for the stamp it's worth it. Totally gorgeous - I must watch out for it.
Love your card.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Sue said...

Gorgeous card luv the image, great coloring & fabby layout, sue.x

Donna said...

Fantastic spots and stripes for this weeks challenge Pauline, your card is brill! Thanks for playing along with us at SCSC :) Donna x

LORi said...

Too Sweet!!

Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

MarkerGeek said...

Absolutely gorgeous!