Sunday 18 January 2009

W is for .... meets Friday Sketchers

Well, fairly obviously W is for Whiff of Joy, where the challenge this week is on the theme of green and purple, and over at ABC Challenge this week W is for Wallet card. And as I do love to have a sketch to follow, I thought I would lay out my wallet card front in line with this week's Friday Sketchers #35, which is a really fab sketch. Also, WOJ is one of the makes of stamp allowed for the Roses On Paper Challenge, which as luck would have it this week is a colour challenge - white, evergreen and grape.


To fulfil the WOJ and RoP challenges I have used the image "Willow with Cookies", kindly sent to me by my great friend Sharon. I coloured her with watercolour pencils and then doodled a little round the edges and decorated with a few purple heart gems. The image was matted onto purple cardstock and green K&Co paper. The paper has a corner swirl in line with the sketch, but I also decided to add a further flourish by punching with a Dovecraft border punch, decorated with more purple gems. This was then matted onto more purple cardstock and purple paper from the FF "Winter Snow" set. The background purple cardstock has been decorated with Cuttlebug Swirls die, and the green edges scallop cut with my new mega nestie rectangles. Hydrangeas are by Prima, charm brad by Dovecraft, other brad and ribbon from my stash. Sentiment is from the PB transparent set "Salutations".


I'm now starting to get enthusiastic about decorating the insides, so had another go. Papers are as before, and the swirl stamp was free with this month's Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine.



Thanks for looking!

26 comments:

Lorraine Robertson said...

Yummy wallet & great sketch to work to...

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

gorgeous

thanks for joining us this week on abc

hugs jane x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Devine Pauline. Love the colour combo and the papers are fab. Aren't those freebie stamps fab? Loving playing with mine. Have a great week.
Sharon xx

Beth said...

This is gorgeous Pauline! I love the punched out border! Thanks for my award, I've fianlly had a chance to put it up! xx

stampingtink said...

She's just too cute! Love the design! Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge and good luck!

Murielle said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Pauline!
I love your composition.
Fantastic colours and details.
You have interpreted my sketch beautifully and I am very happy.
Thanks for your participation FS.
Hugs Mumur

Lorraine A said...

Lovely wallet, just gorgeous :-)

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Pauline, fab image and the papers are gorgeous. I love all of the beautiful decoration inside the card too! Debbie x

Jen said...

Great wallet, love the colours. Thanks for joining in the ABC challenge this week.
Jen x

Cathy said...

Fabulous wallet. Love those papers and you have coloured Willow beuatifully
Thank you for taking part in the ABC challenge this week.Hugs
Cathy xx

Bev said...

Pauline this is gorgeous - what a wonderful project. Love the image and the colours are so yummy!

hugs Bev x

Becky said...

What a brilliant wallet Pauline, that image is so cute!!
Love Becky xx

Rach said...

a fabulous wallet Pauline, so sweet. thanks for joining us over at woj. hugs rachxx

Karin said...

What a fabulous card you've made! Love the colours you used!

Greetings karin

Classroomfree said...

This is just gorgeous, I love the colour combination you have used :o)

Victoria said...

very pretty card - beautifully coloured i love the stamped swirls on the inside thank you for joining us on abc this week x

Anonymous said...

what a fabulous card.

craftyb said...

Hi Pauline, this is sooo pretty. The image is just darling! I don't normally use these colours myself but I really enjoyed this colour combo! bx

Donalda said...

Oh this is just gorgeous dear. Thanks so much for joining us at WOJ

Heather Huggins said...

Really cute wallet. I love the flowers on the front!!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card. Lovely!

Thanks for the inspiration will certainly be trying to decorate the inside in future. Fab blog.

Debbie
:-)

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Stunning card! Lovely take on the sketch.
x Natasha x

Marcea said...

hiya hun, this si beautiful. Love the image and colours - well done on the combo!!!!!
-x-

Carole said...

Love your card Pauline, gorgeous colours and beautiful accents'
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Hugs
Carole x

Helen said...

This is gorgeous Pauline! Love the colours, and all the embellishments!
Helen x
PS - there's something for you on my blog...

Becky said...

You are so right about Tilda Pauline, it only just occured to me why I love this Tilda!! It's the covering of the non-existent mouth lol!!
Love Becky xx