Sunday 25 January 2009

Strictly Come Challenging!

I managed to fit in a bit of a craft sesh yesterday evening, but haven't had chance to upload anything until now as I have just got back from a trip to see "Strictly Come Dancing - The Live Tour" at the M.E.N. Arena - what a fab show!! my feet still haven't stopped tapping, but I'll try to get my fingers into gear to type up this post. I'd also like to start by apologising for the photos ... I have decided to start taking better resolution pics with my digital camera instead of my camera phone , but unfortunately having spent a while loading them onto the PC I encountered some problems with my editing software, so it's back to the camera phone pics for now, so in the meantime please do bear with me ...

My first card was inspired by Friday Sketchers #36 - the whole thing revolved round the need for a slider or buckle, as I had only one suitable thing in the house and it was bright pink!!! (though I must say not as bright in comparison to the papers as it looks in the photo!)

I loved this sketch, and thought I would also like to tie the card in to a few other challenges , namely ....

One Stop Craft Challenge #13 - which this week is charmed - hopefully you can just about see the little heart charm dangling from the flowers. I have been thinking a bout getting into using charms for a while, and last week ordered my first several sets from ebay ... so they will now be appearing regularly lol!

Charisma Cardz Challenge #3 is Love - well this card is really to send love to a friend, so I hope that counts.


I am still feeling enthusiastic about decorating the insides of my cards, even moreso because I have discovered it gives me much more opportunity to use my neglected sentiment stamps.

Recipe:
Stamps: WOJ "Melinda Blowing Kisses" (image kindly given to me by Cathy)
- coloured with watercolour pencils & decorated with Papermania gems and Stickles; ge studio clear stamps sentiment(outside); Hero Arts sentiment(inside); distressed swirls stamped with free stamp from craft magazine.
Papers: BasicGrey "Sugared"
Supplies: Prima flowers; Papermania pearl brads; ribbon & slider from M&S; Leone Em Ash Branch punch; charm from ebay.


My second card is for the Sugar Bowl Challenge #2, which is three - you have to use three patterned papers and three types of embellishments. I received this gorgeous new Sugar Nellie image last week from my friend Helen, and when I saw this paper pack I just felt they went so well together... so I decided to make a wallet where I could use two papers on the front and a third different one inside. I was also inspired by the sentiment, which was part of a pack my frined Lil brought me back from America. My three types of embllishment are flowers, brads and ribbon - I was desperate to use another of my charms but managed to resist this time lol!


Recipe:

Stamps: Sugar Nellie "Talking to the birds" - cloured with watercolourpencils, decorated with Stickles; sentiment by
Character Constructions
Papers: Papermania "Venetian Skies"
Supplies: flowers & pearl brads by Papermania; ribbon from Hobbycraft.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend - I've already spent so long sorting this post out i've no more time for blog-hopping but will be back tomorrow.

22 comments:

Gayle said...

Hi Pauline
What a delicious creation!
You're right, those papers and image go perfectly together!
Thanks so much for joining the second challenge from The Sugar Bowl!
You really are too sweet!
Sugar Mama x

Marcea said...

Gorgeous cards hun, they are beautiful. I am impressed that you are still doing the inserts ... well done!!!! Glad you had a fab time
-x-

Ali Watson said...

Fab cards they are both beautiful.

Beth said...

These are gorgeous Pauline! I love the blue one with the sparkly flowers!
I've tagged you by the way (sorry!) - details are on my blog! xx

Lilian said...

Pauline, these are really gorgeous cards! I love the Sugar Nellie folder you made. Great papers, color combination and great coloring. Thank you for joining the Sugar Bowl challenge!

Unknown said...

wow your card looks so wonderful and cute. the coloration looks so great. oh which leaves have you used, they are so precious and filigran - is it a punch or template and what a firm???
thank you for your card to my sketch at friday sketchers.
hugs, bea

Bev said...

Two wonderful projects Pauline, love the colours you have used. I didn't get to see the SCD show this year - saw it last year and loved it!

hugs Bev x

Marcea said...

Hi hun, there is something for you on my blog if you fancy having a little skate over
-x-

Sue said...

Beautiful cards, inside & out, sue.x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Two fabulous cards Pauline. I love the pink one - gorgeous image and all the details are superb.
Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenge.
Sharon xx

Kathy said...

I love both of your cards!! The images are adorable!! Love your interpretation of the FS sketch and your Sugar Bowl card is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge with us :)Kathy

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Just me, back again. Still love both your cards - and is that a LM Ash Branch punch i spy? Love it!
Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Carole said...

Wonderful cards Pauline, just love all your wonderful embellies.
Thanks for joining us at FS
Carole x

cats whiskers said...

Two stunning cards hun both the colouring and the papers are beautiful. Glad you enjoyed your show
Big Hugs Jacqui x

SewSuzySew said...

These are two lovely cards Pauline!

The Swirl/Flourish I've used on the Penny Black Card is a Quickutz Revolution Die Rev-0024 Flourish! There is also a Rev-0025 which is more of a Vintage Flourish!

Thank you for popping by and your lovely comments!

Suze x

Donna said...

Two beautiful cards Pauline, yes I can see your lovely little charm, love all the little gems too, fab. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge.Donna x

Paula said...

What a Beautiful card and i love the paper's and colour's. Thankyou for taking part in the Charisma Cardz Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Andrea, said...

2 gorgeous cards, i love all the flowers and the fab images you have used

Paula said...

Fantastic Card's Pauline Thankyou for taking part in the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Vee said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz
x Vee

Murielle said...

Marvellous, Pauline!
great colours and details..your image looks wonderful.
Hugs Mumur.

ella bella said...

wow stunning cards love the beautiful colours and papers and those flowers look fabulous.
Tracy x