Thursday 26 June 2008

A Whole New World!!


Hello and welcome to my new blog ... this is all exciting and new, and I hope an opportunity for me to share my passion for cardmaking with you. I have been inspired by seeing some fab crafting blogs plus the need to join in some fantastic blog challenges!


In order to get some content up and running on this site I thought I would start by sharing some of my crafting activity from the recent past .... and where better to start than with the card I lovingly made to mark my precious dad's milestone 80th birthday on 8th June? it isn't really my usual style but I made it very much with his likes in mind - the main stamp is "Old Crock" by Butterfly Kisses, painted with Olive Vine twinkling H2O (to look like racing green), decoupaged so it "drives off the page" and mounted onto copper pearlescent card embossed with the Cuttlebug. The background papers were free with Making Cards magazine, the setiment is from the "Celebrations" See-D and the numbers die cut using the Cuttlebug "Hippie Chick" alphabet.

Hope you like it!


3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Wow what a wonderful surprise!! Didn't expect to see you with a blog so soon.

Love the card you made for your Dad, very much in the same vein as my Dad would like, except that his would have to have a Norton motorbike on it!

BTW, don't forget to sign up for my birthday blog candy here.

Lorraine

Cathy said...

Welcome to the wonderful, addictive world of blogging!! It was a bit of a surprise!!
Great birthday card for dad - love the colours.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Manda said...

Hello and welcome to the wonderfully addictive and time consuming world of blogging hunny. So pleased you're here with us now lol. Your blog looks fab, well better than mine (strops off in a huff).

Have fun and get posting!

Mand xxx