Monday 9 April 2012

What A Wash-Out!


I'm looking out of the window this Bank Holiday Monday and what a surprise! .. it's tipping down with rain! Luckily I didn't have any plans for trips or outings ... I hope those of you who do will still manage to enjoy yourselves today despite the abysmal weather.

The prevailing climate made me start thinking about the numerous "April Showers" challenges that are out there at the moment - I think today is the perfect day to get stuck in to them lol! I always struggle with these as I somehow feel strange putting images of eg. umbrellas onto birthday cards; but then I had a bit of a brainwave based on another card I made quite a long time ago.

This is really a very simple card, but I'm quite pleased with it :-)  Unfortunately it's so dull that it was difficult to get a decent picture, but i hope you get the general idea!


Stamp: "Me To You";
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers; rain created with lines of glamour dust;
Extras: computer-generated sentiment; gems from my stash.



Challenges:
Little Red Wagon - April Showers Bring May Flowers
Oldie But A Goodie - April Showers
Passion For Promarkers #143 - Whatever The Weather
Stampin' For The Weekend #7 - Ready Teddy Go!
Crafter's Companion #23 - Four Legged Friends
Incy Wincy #141 - Cute Critters
Crafty Catz #127 - Clean and Simple
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes (2nd entry)

Off now for an afternoon of crafting while my dear husband is at the football ... come on you Blues!!
 

19 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

stunning card and thanks for sharing at CRAFTY CATZ

Tanya said...

This is just gorgeous! I love your rain, it's such a good idea. The colours are lovely, I love how simple it is.

Tags xx

Squirrel x said...

A perfect CAS card hun, I am loving this style just now - loving the Tatty Ted and the gems are the ideal finishing detail. Gorgeous. Hugs Sxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Pauline.

Hugs Riet.xx

Claire said...

This is just gorgeous Pauline, I love the glittery rain too. Thanks for playing along with An Oldie But A Goodie this fortnight. Hugs, Claire x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This really has the Awwwww factor Pauline - love the cute Teddy and the glittery rain drops.
Sylvia xx

happyscrapper said...

Wow love it. That little guy would make me feel better. Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy, and hope to see you back next week.
Hugz,
Christine Dt at Incy Wincy

Kimberly said...

simple but so super cute...love love this image..thanks for joining us at PFP this week...

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card pauline.
luv
Debby

lis-m said...

Hi Pauline... love that sweet bear , clever use of the theme...
thanks for joining us over @ Passion for Promarkers for my "Whether the Weather" challenge this week
Hugsxx

Angie said...

Fabulous card, being a bit of a Tatty Teddy fan this card is right up my street. Love the rain effect. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x

Lisa Jane said...

awwww - so cute - love the sparkly rain drops
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie this week for my April showers challenge
Lisa x

Pam Leng said...

This is a stunning card and I love the raindrops.

Thanks for joining us on the CC challenge this month

Pam xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Pauline, I absolutely love this, it's a perfect get well card.
xx

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww Pauline this is MEGA cute I totally LOVE LOVE LOVE it so sweet! and Great to see you joined in at Incy Wincy too! yay! xx
hugs me xx

Erin- said...

FANTASTIC! Love that sparkly rain. the effect is just perfect.

Jennifer said...

Hello Pauline,

This card is so cute...I love it. How you have created the rain is so clever...very effective.

Jennifer. x

Jennifer said...

Hello Pauline,

Your card is so cute...I love it. How you have created the rain is very clever and so effective.

Jennifer. x

Helen said...

Awwww...so cute! Love the sparkly rain!
Helen x