Wednesday 8 February 2012

I ♥ Promarkers #103 - Love Is In The Air


Good morning - hope you're all keeping warm and ready for this week's challenge at I ♥ Promarkers. Thanks so much to everyone who entered last week's picture inspiration challenge - fab interpretations!

This week we are getting all lovey dovey, with a theme of

Love Is In The Air

Ideal for Valentine's Day, but also for spring anniversaries, weddings or any other love-related occasion you may have in mind. 

This week's prize is a fabby £10 online store voucher for Joanna Sheen.


Don't forget to be eligible you need to submit a new project you have coloured using Letraset Promarkers, Flexmarkers, Aquamarkers or Tria pens.

The rest of the DT are clearly loved-up this week as they have made some fabulous samples - do check them out. Here's my Valentine card for my darling husband.


This is another 8" * 8" card - for the last few years all the cards I have given him have been a tad smaller than those I received from him; so I have of course been trying to convince him that my cards are small but perfectly formed lol!! I think he's going to be a bit surprised when he sees this!

Someone commented on yesterday's 8" square card that it must be huge and indeed that is true - originally I thought it would be about 1/3 bigger than the normal 5.5" square; but when I actually thought about it logically I realised that the surface area is 400cm2 as opposed to  just over 210cm2 on a normal sized card - so it's nearly twice as big!!

This card has a few new things on it for me (apart from the Memory Box die, that is!!) ... it is the first time I have  bought a digi kit and used both a digi image and printed papers. I had to google what type of paper to print my backing paper onto, but it seemed to work fine. I don't think I will be printing papers as a rule as I guess they would hammer the ink cartridges, but it's nice to  have the option :-)

I have also gone for a bit of a different "look" in terms of colouring - a stronger more graphic look rather than shading with multiple pens - I just thought it worked better with the very simple line image and simple colour scheme of the papers.

Here's a view of the inside of the card ... with the kit it was so easy to get it all co-ordinated!


Stamps, and sentiments: all from Pink Petticoat digi kit "Old Fashioned Girl";
Papers: cream papers from Pink Petticoat as above; black paper by  Bo Bunny;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Supplies: ribbon from stash;
Tools: Martha Stewart "Valentine lace" edge punch; Memory Box heart edge die; classic heart nestability.

Challenges:
Ooh-La-La #98 - Be My Valentine
Dream Valley #25 - Valentine
PTT #54 - Valentine's
Top Tip Tuesday #69 - Valentine's
Sweet Stampin' - The One I Love
OSCC #168 - For The One I Love
Simon Says - Love Is In The Air
Creative Inspirations #149 - Lots of  Love
Bling It On (February) - Love Is All Around
Allsorts #140 - Free & Easy February

That's all for today - hope you can join us for this week's challenge :-)
 

17 comments:

Hanneke said...

Love your card! Great strong colors and such a sweet image. Bet your husband will love it. Hugs, Hanneke

scotspanda said...

wow this is stunning. The colours are fab and I love the hearty-swirly thingy lol

hugs

AManda xx

Janneke said...

Beautiful card ;o)
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Hugs, Janneke

Holly Young said...

such cute birdies! and I love your sentiment!

Thanks for playing with us at Party Time Tuesdays this week! We loved having you!

Holly
PTT DT

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous Pauline! Such a lovely image, papers and embellishments.
xx

catherine said...

This is a beautiful card Pauline for your hubby and I'm sure he will love it. The image is fab and so is the sentiment
x catherine

debby4000 said...

Oh Pauline this is fabulous.
luv
Debby

Pamela said...

Beautiful card, love the sentiment and the Memory Box die. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Pam x

Fleur said...

A great card Pauline, I love the sentiment
Thank you so much for entering our FREE & EASY challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card hunny I love the die cut heart swirly thing, Gorgeous card! hugs me! xx

Carrie's Corner said...

Very cute card! Love that lacey diecut! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hugs
Carrie

Christine said...

Beautiful card!! I love all of the die cut work!! So pretty and dainty!! Thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Deneen said...

Sweet card, I love that heart flourish, and the inside is very pretty too! Thanks for joining the Valentine's Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Unknown said...

What an adorable Valentine's Day Card! I love all the fun colors!

Thanks for Partying With Us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Jenn

ribenaruby said...

Pauline this is a wonderful card for your hubby..I'm sure he'll love it and the sentiment is soooo perfect!!! The die cut corners are too fab, lovely touch and 'welcome' to the digi d/loads, club, as you probably know I use them a lot on my creations. Fab lovey-covey card. Ruby x

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week. Such a cute image!

Unknown said...

This is really gorgeous Pauline! So rich looking! :)
Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La :)
Lizy DT x