Sunday 25 December 2011

With Love At Christmas


Merry Christmas everyone - I am scheduling this for Christmas Day ... and hope you will all be having a happy and peaceful time.

I would like today to show you the Christmas card I made for my darling husband ... it has almost become a tradition in our house that I make it on Christmas Eve evening, but this year I got ahead of myself and made it on Friday lol! I never publish it before Christmas Day .. although he never looks on here it just somehow wouldn't seem right lol!


I always really enjoy making this card, as it gives me a rare opportunity to express myself romantically - I just love choosing a suitable image and embellishments! This year I bought this adorable Wild Rose Studio stamp and Magnolia mistletoe die; and I  used some Magnolia mistletoe papers left over from last year!


Stamps: Wild Rose Studio "Christmas Cuddles"; Pink Gem sentiment;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers; polar white Flowersoft mixed with glamour dust on hats and snow on the ground;
Papers: Magnolia;
Supplies: pearls and ribbon from my stash; gems from The Hobby House;
Tools: large, small and lacy circle nestabilities; Magnolia Doohickey "mistletoe with berries" die.


Challenges:
Papertake Weekly - Last Christmas ... Card of the Year
Totally Gorjuss #111 - For Someone Special
Creative Belli #133 - Merry Christmas!
Divas By Design #17 - Merry Christmas!
Top Tip Tuesday #65 - Anything Christmas
Deep Ocean #15 - Warm Wishes
Crafty Catz #113 - Santa's Hat
Craft Your Passion #89 - Things With Wings 
(penguins have wings!! ;-)  )
Simon Says - Bingo! 
(Ribbon / Gems / Glitter & Sparkle)
Crafts & Me #66 - Anything Goes
Charisma #50 - Anything Goes
Scrapbook Sisters #66 - Anything Goes
Secret Crafter #166 - Anything Goes
My Mum's #37 - Anything Goes
Really Reasonable Ribbon #38 - Anything Goes + Ribbon (2nd entry)

Well that's about it from me - have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs,
 

27 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Merry Xmas this is gorgeous thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge at this special time of the year
Hugs Kate xx

Pauline said...

This is a gorgeous card for your hubby! I love these Wild Rose Studios images, I have a couple of picle the Penguins myself, but I haven't used them this year! I love those mistletoe dies, they are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

Cat's sCrap said...

Hi Pauline !

What an adorable card ! Beautiful papers. Magnificent embellishment.
Bravo !

Merry Chistmas ! Joyeux Noël !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Pauline :-) I am sure your hubby really loved this :-) I do love the Pickle Penguins ,,, very cute :-)

Merry Christmas :-)
thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Shell said...

Totally Beautiful hun, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week, dont forget you can enter 3 times a week..
Merry Christmas xx
Shell x

carol said...

ooh this s adorable,thanks for sharing with CRAFTY CATZ, god luck and MERRY CHRISTMAS x carol

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for joining Us at CRAFTY CATZ hope you had a wonder ful christmas and have a Happy New Year

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, your creation is wonderful. Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Come play again soon.

Hugs
Heike

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card pauline!! thank you also for my card hope yours came in time! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas too! Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Come play again soon, Happy New Year! hugs Samantha :0)

gina g said...

Gorgeous card i love the cute image. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Happy New Year to you and yours luv gina xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Completely adorable card for the hubby! I bet he just loved it. That image is just wonderful. :)
Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Also, if you have a TIP you’d like to share you'll be eligible for the TOP TIPPER PRIZE as well. Check out the details when linking.
Lisa xx
Come by and visit us next week. We'd love to see you again!

LaJanette said...

Super sweet image I love how you have made the red really pop and the puffed effect on the hats is just great! Loving the sea of green too:0)

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Top Tip Tuesday!

Hugs;
Janette

PS; Last day to enter into my Candy:0)
LaJanette.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Merry Christmas, thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly. I'm sorry my comment is late but I wanted to say that I love your card. Andrea x

Chris (catt871) said...

This is gorgeous!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the paper and mistletoe punch, and that image is ADORABLE!!! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp!
Hugs,
Chris

joy said...

How so very sweet! Love their little rosy cheeks and all the texture you have created. Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli challenge.

Jan Hennings said...

awwww! This is the sweetest little image ever! Adorable! Thanks for playing along with the challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Gem said...

this is a lovely creation, and we thank you for sharing with us at Charisma. Sadly, our challenge rules state that when entering our challenge you may link to only up to 9 others, therefore unfortunately you are not eligible to win with this entry. We do hope you will stop by and share more of your work with us :) Gemma

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Mrs Wonka said...

Beautiful cute card Pauline!

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and that you have a happy new year.

Mrs Wonka x

ahlers5 said...

Such a very sweet card. Love the pearls. Thanks so much for joining us at MTTC this week.
Diane

Helen said...

Awww...this is adorable Pauline - love the mistletoe!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Tracy Heaton said...

Lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at MMCS
Best Wishes
Tracy x

Joanna said...

Great job! Thanks for playing with us on the RRR challenge! :)

Dawn said...

Wonderful card Pauline! Just love the DP's you used on this card and your image is colored beautifully! Thank you for joining in at OSCC!

Dawn

Unknown said...

Oh so cute, I am sure hubby loved it.Thanks for joining us at Divas

Sonia said...

Such a sweet card thank you for taking part in this weeks 'Secret Crafters Saturday Challenge'
Hugs Sonia xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card love the cute image.

Thank you for joining us girlz over at Crafts & Me for our special bumper Challenge, good luck hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx