Monday 26 December 2011

My Favourite Five Christmas Cards of 2011


It has been great fun looking around everyone's entries for Debby's 5 Favourite Christmas Cards of 2011 Challenge, so I thought I would join in.

I realised that I hadn't actually made that many Christmas cards this year even though I bought quite  a bit of new stash ... unless of course you count the 37 last minute "panic makes" over the past couple of weeks that didn't involve any stamping or colouring lol!!

So I've had a look through my makes and here are my favourites :-)


I bought this adorable LotV stamp at Port Sunlight in October, and have made quite a few Christmas cards with it this year, all of which I was pretty happy with. I was particularly pleased with the colour scheme and vintage look I achieved on this one, and I have discovered how fabulous white Wild Orchid Craft carnations look on Chrimbo cards :-)


I love making all-white cards, but often find it difficult to find enough textural interest. During the year I bought a new snowflake embossing folder so I now have three, and when I used them in conjunction with some fabby new Memory Box dies (border and corner) I was quite pleased with how this one turned out (also as this is Debby's challenge - this was Debby's Chrimbo card!! :-)  )


This was the A5 card I made for my mum and dad. Penny Black "Snowy" is one of my all time favourite stamps, and I really loved these delicate papers by Crafter's Companion. Another fluffy paper carnation along with the other embellishments and this one was good to go.


Here's another of my fave Christmas stamps - I find this Christmas FF teddy totally adorable, and this was my first attempt to colour him using Promarkers and Flexmarkers rather than Copics, as this was a DT card for the I ♥ ProMarkers challenge. I needed to use this stamp as it is quite dinky - the challenge was for a shaped card and this is as big as it gets with my nesties lol!!
  

Last but not least is my husband's Christmas card .... how could that possibly not be one of my faves, even without the adorable WRS stamp and romantic die-cut mistletoe ....aaaaww!!

So there we are - Chrimbo cardmaking all done for another year. In 2011 I never made my first Christmas card until about July, so I'll have to see whether I manage to get a bit further ahead for 2012. Time will tell I guess!!

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas
Hugs
 

8 comments:

Claire said...

All your cards were stunning this year Pauline and your decision must have been so hard, but your 5 are just as fabulous as the first time you showed them on your blog. Hugs, Claire x

Dragonlady said...

Your top 5 are all gorgeous Pauline, thanks for sharing.

Hugs Ali x

debby4000 said...

Oh these are gorgeous Pauline, what fabulous choices. Especially love my Christmas card, had to buy that snowflake corner.
Thanks for joining My Favourite Five Christmas Cards this year.
luv
Debby

Pink Dandelion said...

A fabulous selection. I'm really enjoying checking out all these Favourite's lists. Debs xx

Anonymous said...

These are all soooo beautiful Pauline! xx

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Pauline, I always love looking at your cards and I would have chosen them all!

Hugs
Brenda

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Pauline. I wanted to invite you by wordartwednesday.blogspot.com to enter our challenge (starts every Wednesday). You can enter anything. Please check it out!
Blessings,
karen - Design Team Member

Cheryl said...

These are all so gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

Wishing you a year of health, happiness and creativity! Happy New Year!

(Stop by my blog for your chance at Whimsy & Stars Studio blog candy!)