Wednesday 7 December 2011

I ♥ Promarkers #95 - Shaped Card


Hello everyone and welcome to another I Promarkers Challenge. Thanks so much to everyone who entered last week's snowmen and snowflakes challenge - gorgeous entries!

This week's theme is

A Shaped Card

... by which we really mean anything but a rectangle or square lol!

This week we have a fantastic prize on offer for a randomly drawn winner ... a £10 store gift voucher from the lovely Joanna Sheen


Don't forget ... to be eligible for the prize draw you must use Promarkers, Flexmarkers, Aquamarkers or Tria pens on your creation :-)

The rest of the DT have been fantastically creative and have come up with some fabulous cards - do check them  out.

Again this was a bit of a challenge for me ... I don't really "do" shaped cards as I don't have any large cutting machines, mega-nesties or anything like that ... so the biggest I can make is the size of a standard nestie. Not to be deterred though I decided to make a mini-easel, so at least I would have a bit more space to play with. I also chose fairly teeny decorative elements, including a small image for my main focus ... Yes, you've guessed it - it's the li'l Forever Friends Santa teddy lol!! In fact this card was the reason for me getting out the stamp whereby I ended up colouring eight images (see Monday's post lol!).

Anyhoo .. here's the result.


I have to confess this is also the first time I have coloured a bear using Promarkers, as in the past I found I couldn't get the right shades so bought (whisper it quietly!!) 5 Copics especially for the purpose.However I persevered this time as Iwas determined to do right by the spirit of the challenge. Not entirely happy wiith my colouring but I have ordered 4 new Flexmarkers to give me more furry colouring options in future lol!!


Stamp: Forever Friends;
Media: Promarkers & Flexmarkers; glamour dust on coat and hat;
Papers: none - ultra white pearlescent card;
Supplies: flowers by Petaloo; sentiment by Craftwork Cards; gems from The Hobby house; ribbon from my stash;
Tools: small, large and scalloped circle nestabilities; Cuttlebug "Snowflakes" embossing folder.


Challenges:
CES #64 - Bear Necessities
Allsorts #132 - Going Round in Circles
Passion For Promarkers #129 - Mega Christmas Challenge
Forever Friends (December) - It's All Christmas
Bling it On (December) - It's Christmas
Creative Card Crew - 'Tis The Season
Crazy 4 Challenges #116 - Inspired By A Christmas Movie
(Santa Claus - The Movie)
Pile It On #49 - Bling It Up!
Crazy Challenge #96 - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

Hope you can join us this week at I Promarkers and look forward to seeing what you create :-)

15 comments:

Hanneke said...

Such a pretty card! Love that image and your coloring (and the glitter :p). That ribbon is really pretty! Hugs, Hanneke

Squirrel x said...

Well I think you have done a brilliant job hun, with the shape and the fur! Hugs Sxx

Ankie vd Polder said...

What a gorgous creation Pauline. Love it. Hugs, Ankie

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Well I think your FF bear looks fab!

Thank you for sharing with us this week at CES Challenge, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Kaz said...

Not happy? Your bear looks fab as does all of your colouring!! A super little easel card Pauline.
Must just ask which colours did you use for the bear? Unlike you, I know I have bear colouring issues... :0(
Hugs
Kaz xx

patricia said...

whow very nice card and a forever friend animal
thanks for joining the foreverfriends challenge
this month
patricia

Ribbon Girl said...

Pauline I think your bear is fab! So is your shaped card! Thanks for joining in with this weeks Papertake Weekly challenge. Mary G x

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful Pauline! xx

Claire said...

This is a lovely easel card - love the image and great colours. Hugs, Claire x

Debs said...

Beautiful easel card Pauline - super cute image.
Hope you are keeping well.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

CARLA PREDIGER said...

I love easel cards. Your looks gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations Challenges. Hope you will play again next fortnight.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

So cute, love the image and the shape
Lindsay xx

lis-m said...

I love circle cards... a fab image and i love those flowers..
thanks for joining us in the Mega Christmas challenge at Passion for Promarkers.
Hugs xx

Kimberly said...

Ahhhh so super cute. Love it...thanks for joining us at passion for promarkers this month. www.justwordz.ca