Tuesday 27 April 2010

Creative Card Crew #49 - April Showers bring Forth May Flowers

Good morning everyone, and welcome to another challenge from Creative Card Crew. Unfortunately I haven't been able to take part for the past 2 challenges .. 4 weeks ago was semi-planned, and then 2 weeks ago I was rushing round to make my card last minute before going away for the weekend, and I walked into the stair riser and brained myself good style... maybe I knocked a bit of sense into myself lol ... but it still hurts if I press my forehead two weeks later! Also many apologies that I have not been leaving comments - we have been refurbing our study so the PC has been disconnected for about 3 weeks and I have been working on the laptop - it was going v slow when i tried to connect to other blogs and i figured I didn't really have 10 hours to spare to complete all my commenting :-(.

Anyhow .. enough blather and onto this fortnight's challenge, which is a real corker.

April Showers Bring forth May Flowers

Now you can interpret this any way you wish ... you may want to focus on rain, flowers or both!!

To help get you in the mood we have a gorgeous prize for one randomly drawn winner from our regular sponsor

... and it is this gorgeous cute rachel Anne Miller stamp called "Bundle of Joy".

The rest of the DT has truly "made a splash" so I hope you'll go and check out their creations. Here's my effort - I didn't really have any stamps showing rain, so I immediately thought of this darling image of a teddy sheltering from raining flowers :-)

Recipe:
Main image: Penny Black "Rainin' Daisies" (RAK from one of several crafty friends!) - coloured with watercolour pencils, edges distressed with Color Queue "Thistle" ink, and flowers decorated with tiny Papermania gems;
Sentiment: Whiff of Joy;
Paper: Crafty Creations - all edges inked with Brilliance pearlescent ink;
Supplies: Doodlebug "sugar coated" lilac brad; large spacer and butterfly charm from The Hobby House (bought at Aintree last Saturday - met Jill on her stall - how lovely :-) !!); lace was an RAK from Ruby; Papermania lilac jewel gems; lilac plain and gingham ribbons from my stash;
Tools: large scalloped rectangle Nestabilities; Marianne D Creatables "ribbon flower 3" die; Leone Em "Ash branch" leaf punch; Cuttlebug "daisies" embossing folder.

And here's a closeup of the flower. Thanks for the hints and tips people have given me on how to get the paper out of these dies ... I managed rather more successfully this time :-)


I followed the fab sketch at this week's Friday Sketchers #99

and would also like to enter this card for the following other challenges:

Quixotic #22 - Make a Splash
Raise the Bar #15 - Colour Me Happy (one main colour - mine is lilac. Can't say whether it is really my favourite but I'm favouring it right now lol!)
Creative Belli #89 - Die Cut Shapes
Simon Says - Things With Wings (butterfly charm)
Stamp Something - Charmed Somethings
Kaboodle #29 - Embossing
Pollycraft #41 - Make your Own Flowers
A Spoon Full of Sugar #101 - 3D (hope my ribbon flower qualifies)

Hope you're having a good week. Hope to be back later in the week if I have time to play properly with the stash I bought on Saturday at Aintree ;-)

20 comments:

Tasha said...

Wow Pauline this is so cute! Love the colour combo and the beautiful flower
love tasha xx

Kort og Søm said...

Oh..so cute!!
(Hope your head wil stop hurting soon... :o)
Hugs Fredrikke :O)

debby4000 said...

Oh adorable card Pauline, fab bear.
luv
Debby

Paula said...

Welcome back Pauline ive so missed looking at your fabulous cards. This is so beautiful i just love this image and those flowers are so pretty.

Hugs Paula xxxx

Jill said...

Ouch, hope that you getting better everyday! Really pretty card by the way! Thanks for sharing at Kaboodledoodles this week. Jill

Lorraine A said...

Grgeous card pauline :-) The image is very cute and the papers and embellies are fab ,, love the flower and the charm :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

ribenaruby said...

Really lovely card Pauline, love the super image and that gorgeous flower!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Pauline,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.xx

darcy48 said...

Pauline what a stunning card love the image and love the gorgeous lilacs and purples used Love Arlinex

Faye said...

Fabulous, gorgeous card. Love the colours too! Thanks for playing at Kaboodles. x

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Just lovely! Fab image and details. Thanks for sharing your charmed creation with us this week at Stamp Something, hope to see you back again next week! :)

Darlene said...

This is absolutely adorable! Love your use of lace and your flower is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Raise The Bar! Great job!

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Pauline, love the purple and your flower is fabulous!!!
blessings, Maria

Beth said...

This is such a pretty card Pauline! The colour scheme and the flower are both fabulous!

Love Beth xx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, Pauline, I think you made up for missing a couple of weeks with this stellar creation. What an outstanding job you have done on it. I love all the beautiful colors and patterns and textures!! And that flower is just amazing - great job. The stamp is perfect for this challenge too! Thanks for doing such a great job on my April Showers challenge. Hope you are having a great week!

Hugs,
Linda

Lilacanglia said...

So pretty and gorgeous,
love this card, fab colours,
Thank you for joining in with the embossing challenge over at Kaboodle Doodles this week,
Hugs
Angie

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Pauline...I hope you feel better soon! I am always getting hurt like that! I blame my Mom for passing me the clumsy genes! Your card is amazing! I love the lavender color and the image is just adorable! Thanks for joining in at Stamp Something this week!

Janna :)

Stampin'Piper said...

Great cards! Love the colours!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!!! loving the flower!! and the charm is sooo cute! great card! :) PS there is a blinkie waiting for you on the ABC Christmas blog :)

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Pauline. Love the colours you've used and your flowers also. Thanks for joining us this week at Pollycraft. Hugs Michele x