Sunday 25 October 2009

Winter Wonderland

I got a bit of a mini production-line going this afternoon for Christmas cards - and not before time I must say!! I actually managed to make 7 cards in the afternoon, which is pretty remarkable for me as I'm normally such a slowcoach as I dither over papers .... ribbons ... embellies ... etc.... lol!

Anyway, my first 4 cards were almost identical, so I have just pictured two of them here. I went for a very clean and simple layout which enabled me to ink up this fab Penny Black sentiment stamp which has lain unused in my drawer since I got it about a year ago (naughty!) I was also able to use up some of these gorgeous Prima Christmas bubble flowers, which are really yummy but for some reason have never seemed to go with any of the cards I made since I bought them!

One of the things I'm most pleased about with these cards unfortunately doesn't really show up in the photos - I have embossed onto a fabulous pearlescent white card called "ice gold" which has a gorgeous sheen to it ... but I guess you're going to have to take my word for that lol!

I would like to enter these cards for the following challenges:

Winter Wonderland #22 - open theme
One Stop Craft Challenge #52 - Celebration
Recipe:
Sentiment: Penny Black "Christmas Flourish" (3900H);
Supplies: "ice gold" white pearlescent card from
Edwin Allen; flowers from Prima gold "Christmas Bubble"; brads from my stash;
Tools: Cuttlebug embossing folders - both called "Snowflake"; leaves cut using Leone Em "Ash Branch" punch.

Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with the production line part 2 .... :-) Hope you've all had a good weekend!

13 comments:

Joey said...

Hi Pauline

this is just gorgeous, love the embossing the flower looks beautiful, Thanks for joining us at ww

Joey.xxx

Squirrel x said...

Oh wow Pauline, how gorgeous! Loving the white embossing and the sentiment goes perfectly. Drooling over those flowers too....! Hugs, Squirrel xx

Willy said...

Very beautiful and elegant card!

PinksyDoodles said...

So elegant and beautiful!
Clre x

Mel said...

Wow stunning card :)
Mel x

Helen said...

Beautiful card Pauline! The embossing looks fab...and the flower is gorgeous! :0)
Helen x

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Pauline - I have fnally made it across to your blog!! I love your cards - the embossing is gorgeous and so are those flowers!! Beautiful - well done on getting so many cards done - I tend to take a while for each card too! Thanks for sharing - it is always a pleasure!! God bless you!! {{{hugs}}}

mckinkle said...

These are amazing Pauline, so elegant! How did you manage the double embossing with no visible seam?!
Keryn :D

Teri said...

Ohhhh lovely card. so classic and elegant!

thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

Teri xx

Marcea said...

OMG this is stunning! I love it ... think I might have to pinch this idea - wow wow wow , could really make a lot of these, so very effective
xxx

Tasha said...

Pauline this is extremely stunning and very elegant - love the gold flower with the leaves
love tasha xx

Kaz said...

OMG these are just stunning! Love the foliage & flower.
Hugs
Kaz xx

Mira said...

These are just gorgeous :)