Monday 10 August 2009

Sugar Bowl #16 - Marlene's Sketch ... and Happy birthday to Heffa!

Here is my birthday card for my great bloggy friend Helen - I actually made it several days ago but didn't want to publish it until now because today (Monday) is her birthday and she is one of my most loyal visitors and commenters :-) (thanks hun!!)

So that being the case, it's a good job I chose to make this card in line with the theme for this fortnight's Sugar Bowl challenge #16, which is still open and is Marlene's sketch + the option of "doodling".

And here's a pic of the inside .....


Recipe:
Main image: Sugar Nellie Gorjuss Girl "Sitting", coloured with watercolour pencils;
Sentiments: Craftwork Cards "Oh My Words!";
Papers: not sure but think they are My Mind's Eye;
Supplies: flowers - mixture of Prima and Floradoodle; charm from Quixotic paperie; Doodlebug sugar coated brad; ribbon and lace from my stash;
Tools: Leone Em "Ash Family" leaf punch; Martha Stewart "Doily Lace" edge punch.

Actually I was a bit embarrassed when I finished this card .. my white gel pen was acting up so Ikept going over it .. then I walked away and came back and found it had dried VERY white!! Oh dear! So my card does contain a bit of a grovelling apology but I hope we all agree it's the thought that counts (!)


14 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous card Pauline - beautiful colouring and embellishments (love that lace) - I'm sure your friend will be over the moon!
Sylvia x

Rach said...

gorgeous Pauline, i am sure your friend is going to love it.. the lace is a lovely touch. hugs rachxx

PinksyDoodles said...

This is so beautiful. Lucky Helen!
Have a lovely day.
Clare x

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Pauline. I love the papers and image.
Helen will love it.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Pauline,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous and what fab papers, gorjuss girl is looking fab too.
luv
Debby

Spyder said...

Lovely Card Pauline, love everything about it. your friend will love it!!

((Lyn))

Helen said...

It's totally Gorjuss Pauline - I love it!
Fab colours & papers...I love all the lace...think I 'need' to get some border punches now! lol
Thanks for the fab little stamp (he's soooo cute!) and the little charms too! :0)
Helen x

Lilian said...

Your card is perfect! I LOVE it! From the sweet image, lovely coloring, beautiful papers, lovely flowers and the gorgeous lace. Love your other details too. :) Really awesome job! Helen's one lucky gal!
Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too! Have a great day!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Pauline - well, Helen is one blessed lady - this is one GORJUSS card...your colours, DP and lace are fabulous!! Your touches make it stunning! Thanks for sharing!! {{{hugs}}}

Beth said...

This is so gorgeous Pauline! I love the pretty papers and your stamp is so cute!

Beth xx

Pauline said...

Love it - just so pretty.
x

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a stunning card!! I love the pretty soft colors on this and all the gorgeous details!! HUGS

Anonymous said...

So pretty Pauline - colours & papers.. are so yummi keep looking at those punches in the shop and saying I should get one! note to me! buy one after hols! :0)