Tuesday 2 June 2009

Dandelion does the combo .. for my dad!

Here's my card for my dad's birthday, which is next Monday. In the usual way I thought I'd try to get some inspiration from a few challenges ... like so many of us, I do find men's cards the most difficult to do and don't have very many images to suit ...luckily this darling image of Dandelion that was an RAK from the lovely Marcea came to the rescue. I'd like to enter this for the following challenges ...


1. Sketch Saturday #53 ... which is a fabulous sketch. I've had to change it slightly as most of my images don't fit on the teeny tiny shape that is a nestie oval ... so I used a kinda wavy rectangle nestie linstead and hope that is ok lol! (by the way ... Happy birthday to SS!!)
2. Creative Inspirations # 10 - card for a male
3. Simon Says ... Animals
4. One Stop Craft Challenge #31 - Let's Hear it For the Boys
5. Charisma Cardz #21 - Going Dotty

Here's the inside ....


... and here's what I used...

Main image: Dandelion - coloured with watercolour pencils.
Sentiments: Penny Black (front), Hero Arts (inside); letters for "Dad" free with Creative Cardmaking issue 3
Papers: Penny Black "Black & Gold" and cream/black dotted paper free with Creative Cardmaking issue 3.
Supplies: ribbon - Anita's; brads from my stash.

Hope dear dad is going to like it!

17 comments:

LOUISE said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, love the sweet doggie, and the colour combo is great. Louise x

COCO said...

wo very fabulous card and nice dog !!!!
Thanks for joining in at SS this week and for entering for my surprise bag!
Hugs COCO

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card Pauline. Love the cute image and the colours you've used. Hugs Michele x

Lorraine A said...

Very cute card Pauline :-) The image is very cute (I made a card with him yesterday ):-) and the papers yopu used are gorgeous !

Thanks for joining the Simon says Challenge :-)
Lorraine x

Cheryl said...

Beautiful,such a sweet image and love the papers you have used!!! Perfect for a dad.
Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
xx

aardvarkpest said...

Beautiful card. I love Dandelion.Great choice of papers for a man.

Glenda

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Pauline,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Oh this is fab, love it.

Vee said...

Fab card. I love the colours and the lovely image.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Donna said...

Adorable little card, love this image and your layout is fab. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge. Donna x

Anonymous said...

this is such a sweet card, fab image. hugs rachxx

Jeanette said...

Oh Pauline! this is a fantastic card. You have done a fab job on the sketch!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturdays this week and for entering for my surprise gift bag.
Hugs Jeanette

tracie said...

Oh wow hun this is gorgeous and this image is adorable ~ love the inside too ~ fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week at SS and for your kind words... Good luck with my surprise candy hun
hugs
Tracie :)x

Sandra said...

Lovely card. Such a cute image. fab interpretation of the Sketch too. I'm sure your dad will love it! Thanks for joining in with the Sketch Saturday Birthday Bash.
Sandra x

MarkerGeek said...

It is fab Pauline, he will love it, I'm sure!

Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, good luck in the candy draw!

Donna said...

Fantastic card Pauline, everything works so well together and such a cute image :) Donna x

Bev said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love the adorable image and the fabulous choice of papers. x