Sunday 5 April 2009

WOJ meets FS

I sat down this afternoon to make a birthday card for a male friend, and the image that came to hand as being not "girly" was this cute WOJ party Animal donkey which was sent to me by Domi (thanks hun!) I decided to keep the rest of the card fairly plain with a black and silver theme, and make the donkey stand out with some primary colour balloons. In order to add a bit of interest I thought I would slightly distress my papers using deckle edge scissors and then I inked them with Brilliance "graphite silver" ink - the same ink I used for the greetings. I would describe this card as "slightly distressed" (definitely not overwrought lol!) but I hope it qualifies for this week's WOJ Challenge #24 which is Let's Get Dirty - ie distressing.

I also laid out the card in line with this week's fab sketch over at Friday Sketcher's - lovely and unfussy for a man's card.

On the inside I followed the sketch again, keeping it fairly plain. The papers have a pearlescent sheen and so I felt the card didn't need anything more..

I used:
Main image: WOJ "Party Animals" image - RAK from Domi
Sentiments: Penny Black "Salutations" clear set (front); "Great Day" (inside);
Cardstock: grey flecked base card and black/silver pearlised card from the Papermill Shop; papers by The Paper Company;
Supplies: Ribbons and gems from my stash (inc. black gems sent by Domi :-) )

9 comments:

Riet said...

wowww Pauline,what a beautiful card,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Helen said...

Fab guys card Pauline...love the colour scheme!
Helen x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Love this card Pauline. The monochrome with a splash of colour is awesome. What a cute image too.
Sharon xx

gina g said...

Lovely card Pauline fab image and colour. luv gina xx

Bev said...

Pauline this is wonderful. I love how youhave added the splash of colour with the balloons, such a great idea x

Murielle said...

Fabulous card, Pauline!!!
I love your composition, the papers and colours are wonderful.
Thanks for your participation FS.
Hugs, Mumur

Carole said...

What a great card Pauline, such a fun image!
Thanks for joining us at FS.
Hugs
Carole x

Mephisto said...

Wow, thats a fab Card Pauline! Like it very much!

Domi

Tasha said...

WHat a fabulous card - the colours ar awesome and look great with the image
love tasha xx