Wednesday 29 April 2009

Stamptacular - Charmed I'm Sure!

Been off work sick today, so tried to do a bit of cardmaking even though my mojo was having a nap somewhere lol! Not great when your head is like cottonwool!!

I hadn't got round yet to entering the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, but this week's Challenge #4 is to use a charm on your card ... and as I have really gotten into charms over the past couple of months I thought I'd have a go.

I inked up my new Sugar Nellie stamp "Basket Full of Happiness" - isn't she gorgeous? Actually I inked her up several times because for some reason I couldn't seem to get a good impression .. but I got there in the end. I coloured my image with the usual watercolour pencils and put some li'l gems in the flowers in her hair ... aww! I cut out the shape using my large deckle rectangle nesties, and inked the edges. My papers are Melissa Frances (floral) and free with a magazine (striped); flowers are by Prima and Papermania; paper roses are from Hobbycraft; swirls were cut using my Spellbinders Shapeabilities "Doodles" and leaves punched using my Leone Em Ash Branch punch; lace was an RAK from Cathy; charm was from ebay shop Dolls Made Up; pearl gems from my stash. Sentiment stamps were free with this month's Creativity magazine (front) and WOJ (inside).
And here is the inside .....
Hope I feel a bit more like cardmaking tomorrow lol!

15 comments:

Ali Watson said...

Pauline, first my apologises for lack of visits I do visit its just I can't comment unless I sign into my google account. I am now with wordpress and you do not allow open id on your blog. Anyways this card is delightful. Gorgeous colours and a fab image. Love it. Hope you are well. Hugs Alisons

pinky said...

Lovely card, love the colours you used. Hope you feel better soon.
Pinky

Carole said...

Lovely card Pauline, beautiful colours and what fabulous accents..lover the charm detail.
I have the same problem as Alison...if you check, most blogs allow open id...you just need to go to your blogger settings and change the details there...would make it easier for us wordpress bloggers to comment on your blog!
Hugs
Carole x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Pauline,l love the stamp and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Joey said...

Hiya Pauline, your colouring is gorgeous I just love the stripey blue paper, it reminds me off the cool beach huts. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.xxx

Helen said...

Beautiful card Pauline! Love your new stamp...and all those gorgeous shades of blue!
Hope you feel better tomorrow! :0)
Helen x

Nilla said...

Everything in this card is just stunning! hugs from Nilla

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely card...and what great colours.

Debbie said...

Oh Pauline this is gorgeous, I love the pretty blue papers and the sweet image is coloured perfectly. Debbie x

Francesca said...

Hi Pauline this card is lovely, love the colours and the cute image
francesca x

cats whiskers said...

This is just stunning pauline what a great image and beautiful colouring, love all the embellishments
Hugs Jacqui x

ribenaruby said...

Beautiful Pauline,image is adorable and pretty charm, hope you're feeling better today. Ruby x

Heather Huggins said...

OH...It's beautiful!! Love the little charm...

Kaz said...

Beautiful, gorgeous detail.
xx

Tasha said...

ANother sensational card - loving the shades of blue and the gorgeous flowers the lace and charm are fab finishes
love tasha xx