Saturday, 17 September 2011

Penny Black Saturday #169 - Friendship

Good morning all, and welcome to another Penny Black Saturday Challenge. the DT had a totally delicious time last week looking at all your yummy creations .. don't forget to check the main blog to see if you are a winner!!

This week we have a theme that I'm sure you'll all enjoy ...

Friendship

What's not to like about making a card for a special friend? .. and Penny Black stamps have a whole variety of images and sentiments that suit this theme so well :-) The other teamies have made some fabulous creations - do go take a peek!

Taking of sentiments ... I decided to ring the changes this week and make a sentiment stamp the focus of my card. I really like a lot of the PB sentiments, and so it was good to be able to give one prominence on my project.


I would love to be able to say this card was quick and easy to make seeing as it didn't involve any colouring of an image - but alas that wouldn't really be true lol!! I actually spent ages faffing around choosing flowers and ribbon ... I'm sure you know how it is!


Recipe:
Main image; Penny Black setiment stamp "friends matter" (4073F);
Papers: Pink Petticoat "Vintage Rose";
Supplies: All pink flowers by Sweet Lilac; white cherry blossoms and green roses from Wild Orchid Crafts; floral ribbon, pearls and pearl spray from my stash;
Tools: martha Stewart "eyelet lace" PATP and large monarch butterfly punches.


Challenges:
Simon Says - Sing It! (I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends)
Die Cut Dreams #98 - Flower Power
Papertake Weekly - Things With Wings
Paperplay 37 - Punches & Dies
Flutterby Wednesday's 171 - Open Theme
Cute Card Thursday 182 - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations 129 - Anything Goes
Creatalicious #26 - Anything Goes

Hope you can join us this week - have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation Pauline
    I love the colours and your flowers are yummy

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pretty card Pauline, love the sentiment,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card. Love the pink with the lime green and the floral ribbon is gorgeous. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Pauline...such pretty colours...and I lvoe that ribbon!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Pauline, and I think it looks like it took you a while, I'm always faffing with ribbons, paper etc too, that or forgetting where I've put my scissors! ;-)

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So soft and pretty. Love that sheer ribbon and flower bundle! Thanks for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pauline, this is so pretty. I love your cards as they're always so fresh and feminine. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Have a great weekend, happy crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So soft and delicate! Beautiful! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A brilliant card hun! Also thanks for playing at EAC! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Pauline, love the colour combo. Thank you for playing at Die Cut Dreams.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card and thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty creations in here,Especially i like the pink with the lime green and the floral ribbon is so impressive !!!
    Transparent business cards
    Pvc cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking, and for taking the time to leave a comment - I really appreciate it.
Pauline x