Monday, 11 April 2011

Now for something a little bit different ...


Just a very quick post today to showcase a couple of the latest crafty bits and bobs I have bought recently.

During my little crafty jaunt on Saturday to Crafts4U2Do, I just couldn't resist some fabulous glitter paper by a company called Robin's Nest. In a 12*12" sheet it really looks like a sunset sky, and is much more sparkly than the picture does justice to. I also knew straight away that I would love to do a resist technique with my recently purchased Unity "insightful meadows" stamps; so I popped a couple of suitable colour distress inks into my basket. Lastly, I could immediately visualise my image framed by my fab new nestabilities squares which I bought earlier in the week but hadn't got round to cutting out yet.

All in all this was a pretty easy card to make although very different from my ususal style - the paper and frame are so stunning that I thought they pretty much spoke for themselves and the card didn't need much else. (I never thought I would hear myself say things like that ... I think LIM-itis must be really getting hold of me - think I'll go and have a lie down lol!!)

I have also taken the opportunity to enter the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge for the first time - it hasn't really been my kind of style up until now, but I'm liking using he distress ink sand would like to get more into it :-)

Recipe:
Main image: Unity "Insighful meadows", embossed with detail clear powder and then resist inked with "Scattered Straw" and "Marigold" distress inks;
Sentiment: Penny Black;
Paper: Robin's Nest;
Supplies: ribbon and pearls from my stash;
Tools: Fleur-de-Lys square nestabilities.

Challenges:

CES #31 - Monochromatic
One Stop Craft Challenge #126 - Monochrome
The Stamp Man - Embossing


Thanks for looking :-)

13 comments:

  1. beautiful card .. i got that nestie too alast week and cant wait to use it
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card Pauline.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Pauline!
    Love the colours
    Have a fab evening
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Pauline; such an effective technique! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely stunning card, its beautiful, love the stamping technique and the papers. Diane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, beautiful card Pauline.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. great stuff very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Pauline! I love the soft colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very beautiful card. Thanks for sharing and ahve a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous card Pauline! I love these colours and the frame is beautiful!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. FAbulous design and loving that nestie!! Thanks for joining us at CES challenges, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking, and for taking the time to leave a comment - I really appreciate it.
Pauline x