Friday 29 October 2010

Pastel roses and pink champagne

I needed to make a 30th birthday card for my lovely PBSC DT teamie Joey, so I thought I would use this adorable and cute LotV kitty as this image strikes me as being perfect for a special celebration. I also had my first go with my new MS "eyelet lace" PATP, which I was primarily inspired to buy after seeing Dawny P's fab efforts with one.


Unfortunately the bright sunlight has rather bleached out the photo so the colours are a bit off kilter, but I've popped the card in the postbox now :-)

Challenges:
A Pocket Full of Posies #9 - Champagne & RosesWild Orchid Crafts #8 - PastelsCreative Card Crew - Let's Punch It!Simon Says - Punch 'Em
ABC - G is for Glitter
(I used pink glitter card for matting and numbers, and Stickles on my flowers .. photo just doesn't show it up very well!!)
Incy Wincy #65 - Lace & Pearls




Recipe:
Main image: LotV "Thomas with Champagne" coloured with Promarkers and Copics;
Sentiment: Craftwork Cards;
Paper: Creative Inc.
Supplies: all flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts decorated wtih Stickles; pearls from The Hobby House; gems from my stash;
Tools: MS "Eyelet Lace" PATP punch; Cuttlebug "Hippie Chick" die cut numbers.

Joey, hope you have a lovely day!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pauline,
This is sooo pretty! I love the image and all the little details. Just saw your email today - for some reason it went in my Spam box. Looking forward to it! xx

yvon said...

What a gorgeous card and the image is so cute.
Hugs, Yvon

Kaz said...

As always so pretty, beautifully coloured with amazingly gorgeous florals.
Have a fab weekend!
Kaz xx

Tasha said...

beautiful 30th card. the flowers and fab colour combo are gorgeous. I love the image and your colour work
love tasha xx

Tasha said...

beautiful 30th card. the flowers and fab colour combo are gorgeous. I love the image and your colour work
love tasha xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Lovely flowers and punch! The image is so cute too!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

ribenaruby said...

Beautiful card for your team mate Pauline, I'm sure she'd have loved it, who wouldn't, it's simply stunning!

Marcea said...

oh wow, what a gorgeous card and fabulous punching Pauline!!! Thankyou so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week. Hope you are well my dear
-x-

Cherie said...

Oh Pauline how cute is this super cute love your colouring.
Thanks for playing along with creative card crew,
hugs cherie