Wednesday 31 December 2008

Husband's Christmas card


Just thought I'd post a quick pic of the Christmas card I made for my darling husband Graham ... always a bit of a challenge as he doen't like the colour red, so I cannot let it predominate on my card. However my fave image this Christmas is my new PB stamp called "The night before Christmas" (which i bought after i was sent some images by Sharon, cos I loved them so much !!) so I just has to use it even though it has a red Santa's hat .... I coloured the image with watercolour pencils, and Santa's hat with USArtquest red pearlescent paint. I added white peewee glitter to the hat's "fluffy bits" and little red Papermania heart shaped gems to the image and sentiment (which is also by PB). The gorgeous embossed tree paper and other background paper were both from my stash; the iridescent red/green ribbon was from my local craft shop Craft In Time, and the modern ribbons by Paper Studio. The lettering is E-Z rub ons.

This card isn't for any challenge ...... just for Graham :-)

1 comment:

Helen said...

Gorgeous! I love this stamp...I Cathy used the image on my CHristmas card...I think I may just have to 'aquire' it for my cards next Christmas! lol
Helen x